Sunday, August 02, 2009

Whip It Good!

Remember this song from the 80s (I think)? Thanks for my friend, BJay for giving this title! I initially planned for Whip Up (yeah, I know it's quite boring, I was becoming so desperate coming up with a good title). My friends Liza, Ems, BJay, Joanne and Mia came to the rescue and I can't tell you how creative these girls in coming up with very good titles. I might use them in the future!

Anyway, if you are wondering why I was so engrossed and made a career out of looking for a title, it's because this month's challenge at Scrap the Boys is all about boys with food - whether cooking, baking, harvesting or eating!

But there's a twist to the challenge, we have to use a cooking term in our title (words like chop, knead, stir, whip, beat, pipe etc.) Here's what I came up with:

Photobucket

I mentioned about the title Whip Up because we were preparing a very easy and quick dessert but came the title Whip it Good so I changed my mind. While I was creating my layout, I realized we didn't whip any ingredients at all hehehe. Too late though ... but I love how this multi photo layout was pulled through!

I had to write my journaling at the back of the layout because I can no longer find a good spot. Here it is:

You saw these chocolate and berries Nestle Cream at the supermarket while a promodizer was distributing free samples. You didn't stop from persuading me to buy these. You've always wanted to bake but since I don't know how, you are contented to make a refrigerator cake instead.

You enjoyed every minute of creating this cake especially the last part where you can lick all the cream you want! Yummy!

Photo: June 24, 2009

materials used: Scenic Route Garden Grove- Flower St. and Scrap Strip 1 pps and Superstar chipboard and Kraft cs, Making Memories pps (photo matting), October Afternoon (house), K & Co. (tree), DCWV black cs, buttons, 7 Gypsies ticket stub and word stickers, Zig pen, Heidi Swapp alpha chipboard and American Crafts Thickers

Photography by Jeff and Pia Lopez


I hope you'll give this challenge a go (calling all my friends who have boys!). Please email yor entries by the 31 st on susan.longman@bigpond.com

Thanks!

-Pia

4 comments:

ANAT S said...

beautiful lo
love the colors and the title

Benga said...

fun page! cool title, thumbs up to bjay, and by adding those googly eyes made it "funner"!

bjay said...

lovett! such a fun page, sis!

laki na ni ethan boy :)

Ems said...

yes, what a fun page this is! you whipped it good! luv the title! (at kailangan ko pang tignan sa scrap the boys site noh at di ko makita dito hehehe)