Sunday, February 15, 2009

Sweet Chocolate Treats

... made by me for Ethan’s teachers and classmates. Oh ok, I didn't make the chocolates, just the wrappers : ) When I showed these to Jeff, the first thing he said was, "Sisirain din yan ng mga bata." I know ... I know ... I know. I'm doing this for the need to craft something hehehe. Besides, it's the thought that counts, right?

Making these is pretty simple and doesn’t require so much techniques. I just bought chocolate bars in 2 two sizes. I then removed the chocolate wrapper and used it as a pattern. I used mostly scraps in this project. I spent my Thursday morning (meaning madaling araw) making these coz I only thought of this recently! Talk about cramming.


Ethan loved the idea of distributing the chocolates to his classmates and teachers. He got overly excited that he just gave the chocolates away, not knowing if it really belongs to them (he can’t read the names yet ; )!

Here are chocolates for the girls.

I used Loves Me-Loves Me Not papers and stamps for this project. I can’t get enough of the stamps from Daisy Bucket, they’re petite and works well as journaling tags, gift tags or as embellishments. I’ve never been really a stamp person (the cleaning part is what I’m avoiding actually!) but Daisy Bucket has changed the way I look at stamps!

Here are the chocolates for the boys. I used a patterned paper with the blue color. I figured out that the boys might not like the chocolates if they're wrapped with red and pink papers hehehe. Daisy Bucket’s Love You collection is perfect for the job!
I hope you enjoyed your Valentine’s day. Jeff and I decided that we'll celebrate tomorrow instead.
By the way, a huge thank you to all those who sent in their greetings for the Kris Mag stint! We really appreciate it.

-Pia

3 comments:

Liza said...

Ang cute naman ng mga yan Pia! And aliw how you really maximized your stamps for this project. No wonder super tuwa si Ethan sa mga pinamigay nya. LOL!

Rita Marie S. Vergara, M.D. said...

hi Pia, loved your chocolate wrapper idea. Dapat pala nagtandem tayo. ako naman i made my own heart shaped chocolate lollipops but didn't have time to make my own wrappers kaya ready made wrappers na lang! ang ganda nung gawa mo!

sweetytots said...

this is nice.. do you sell them.. this is nice to give as loots on bday.. my daughters bday is coming.. im in search of cute and new loots to give..im interested please leave a message on my blog.. thanks!