Thursday, November 08, 2007

Natural Beauty {Daisy Bucket Designs}

This is one of my ways to share the many blessings that have been coming my way. I thought of asking my close friends for photos and scrap them using my Daisy Bucket papers. This is my second RAK, the first one being was the "Bloom" layout I made for Arlene's daughter, Reese.

Yes, you are not mistaken, you are looking at my layout, this is not Iris' blog hehehe! I finished this layout for Nicole (Iris' lovely daughter) almost 2 weeks ago but I waited for this LO to appear first at the DBD gallery. I truly enjoyed creating this one ... scrapping a Natural Beauty like Nicole! I love that the pps matched her clothes. Using flower embellishments is something that's not new for me but I don't usually add on my layouts - I find this a great opportunity to do things I don't commonly do.



If you noticed, I have been using white space now in my layouts. Well, I suppose "I'm the one who needs space and my layouts reflect them" hahaha! Seriuosly though, almost if not all my previous LOs have so many elements on it, I think for a change I needed my layouts to "breathe". So, expect most (maybe not all) that I will share in the future will have white space.

By the way, the previous week has been quite productive for me too. Before we left for Palawan for the long weekend, I was able to finish 3 layouts (one for Scrapbukan so I need to wait till Sahrie posts it at the Scrapbukan gallery) including this one. To date, I finished 3 more! I'll share them as soon as they're posted at the DBD gallery!

Layout title: Natural Beauty
materials used: Daisy Bucket Bloomin' Paislies (Heidi's Hodgepodge, Perfectly Piper, Bewitching Bryleigh and Captivating Kelli), silk flowers, brads, BG Obscure alpha stickers (courtesy of Scrapbukan), American Crafts alpha rub ons, brads, Zig Writre pen, Colorbox ink

Photography by Iris Uy

Iris, this isn't a Master's work ha but I gave my 101% on that layout! Thanks for letting me use Nicole's photos!

-Pia

4 comments:

marjorie said...

wow pia! so refreshing to look at...marvelous job here! grabe tlga kayo sa galing!

Wendy Schoonhoven said...

Oooo, this looks so great...I like all the work you showed here...think I will stop by more often..xxx Wendy.

Jeff and Pia Lopez said...

Hi Marj and Wendy!

Thanks for your kind words!

-Pia

Christine said...

love how you clustered the flowers on top and below the photo