Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Pinoy Scrapbookers Kaya Challenge

I've been wanting to join the Kaya Challenge. Once, I actually did but wasn't able to submit my entry because I was also waiting for the layout to appear at the Daisy Bucket blog first. Unfortunately, the layout was posted a month after the month's challenge.

Anyway, when I read Janis' June Kaya challenge (she's celebrating her bday this month!), I told myself this is not for me because I don't remember buying any pearl embellishment. But lo and behold as I was recalling my stash, I remember having a few (I think!) from Chatterbox as part of my prize kit hehehe. How many did I find? 3! Dami no?! So, since I was racking my brain how to use the three pearl brads that I have, I overlooked the challenge rules that was to use a photo of myself! So there, I was able to make one pero mali naman! LOL!

Photobucket

I'm proud to say that I used 11 manufacturers in this layout (Yay I mixed them!) - Making Memories (postage stamp paper, letter stickers and yellow paint), Bazzill Kraft cs, BasicGrey (butterly), My Mind's Eye (green, stripes), Ki Memories (pink border stickers) , Creative Imaginations (dotted black border stricker), Chatterbox (pearl brads , green crochet flower and photo frame), Fancy Pants (white and blue crochet flowers), American Crafts (Thickers), Zig (pen), Clearsnap (ink). Also, I was able to use some stash that are more than 2 years old!

I used #24 sketch from Inspired Blueprints in making this layout (another yay becoz I find it hard to follow a sketch!). I tried distressing, layering and even splattering paint (and I intend to do it again!) I painted the cardboard before attaching it at the back of my layout.

Check out the other creations posted at the blog. If you are a member of Pinoy Scrapbookers Yahoo group, you are most welcome to join. Challenges are posted every first day of the month!

-Pia

4 comments:

Liza said...

Yipee! Ang dami ng na-mix mo na items/brands in 1 LO. And I love the result sis! Ano yang ginamit mo sis na corrugated board? Is that the whole base? Galing! LOve the touches of paint.

Nadhrah Maidin said...

Great way to maximise your stash!

Lee i. said...

ang ganda nito. at ang daming manufacturers - naloka ako.

Anonymous said...

so many details added but yet fantastic result..the manufacturers
are proud of your work..

creative talaga ang pinoy!

lovelylorns at

http://wwwbloggercom-pisces23.blogspot.com/