Monday, October 15, 2007

Independent {BasicGrey Infuse}


Here's a layout I made for Scrapbukan using BasicGrey Infuse.

It's about Ethan being independent. The photo was taken a year ago after he turned two. I finally scrapped that photo - atleast before he turns three on Monday hehehe.

By the way, I tried to make this a monochromatic layout. I finished this 2 weeks before the Scrappin' Moms Idol's monochromatic challenge - I wanted to try if it will be difficult to do. Unfortunately, I only noticed that some of the pps I used have brown patterns on it!

Materials used: BasicGrey Infuse - Extract, Invest, Condense and Seethe, BG Sweet Meat Mini monograms and BG fibers (courtesy of Scrapbukan), Making Memories paint, Karen Foster Loppy brads, felt ribbons, Sakura Aqualip, Zig Writer and Uniball Signo pens, buttons, green cardstock and We R Memory Keepers folder tab for the hidden journaling

Photography by Jeff Lopez

Hidden Journaling:

You don't want me to brush your teeth. You don't want me to hold your spoon when you eat. You want to do things on your own. You’d often tell me, “Ako na, ako na!”, whenever I’ll do things for you.

You choose the food you want to eat. You tell me what video you’d like to watch. You pick the toy you’d like to buy. And more often than not you’d don’t appreciate being told what to do.

It seems obvious you want things your way. You have become so independent since you turned two.

I feel sad you have needed me lesser each day yet I also feel a sense of pride whenever you show signs of independence.

Ethan, please remember that mommy will always be here for you as you grow … even if you need me less.


-Pia

No comments: