Sunday, May 27, 2007

Scrapfest afterthoughts

The recently concluded Scrapfest must have been the biggest and most well attended from the previous Scrpafests. Coming from a participant and an organizer's point of view (I was a participant during the May 2006 Scrapfest and partly helped during the September 2006 and May 2007), I have seen how the number of attendees, suppliers and sponsors have grown. I'm honored to have always been a part of this event. All those who have helped are to be congratulated for a job very well done!
I was also very happy Ria and I were interviewed by Good Finds (to be aired at the Lifetsyle Channel). Hay, but it wasn't my best! Feeling showbiz hahaha! We were asked about Scrapbukan, its good finds, what we do as designers and what tips we could give beginner scrappers. We also had the chance to show our layouts wherein we have used the products from our kits! But what was really overwhelming was the fact that I saw my album side by side Angel Jacob (the host of the show) used as background during the spiels! I didn't give my album to Anne (I think she's the segment producer and writer of the show), the album was displayed at the booth of Scrapbukan that's why I was so surprised to see it in the middle of the table where Angel was delivering her spiels! I can't wait to watch the show! The episode featuring Scrapfest will be aired on June 7, 2007 , Thursday at 8:30 p.m. with replays on June 9, Saturday at 2:00 p.m. and June 11, Monday at 12:30 nn. Hope you can watch it.
Here's my Cherry Arte layout that I, unfortunately, wasn't able to finish for the Scrapfest!

Title: Wild Child

Materials used: Materials used: Cherry Arte Bolded (Bold Wash and Bold Stars), Cosmic Energy (Monkey in Space) and Chipboard (Labels) ,7Gypsies Boy Garcon and Numero stickers, buttons, beads, paint, vellum, Zig Writer pen, Gin X letter coasters (w, c and d) courtesy of Scrapbukan, Scenic Route chipboard letters (i, h and l), Colorbox and Stazon ink, DMS embroidery floss

Journaling (inspired from two peas in a bucket): Look at this sweet face. Doesn't look like the face of a Wild Child, does it? Oh, but behind that sweet and innocent exterior lies a mischief maker actively seeking his next adventure. What toy will he dismantle next? How many toy cars will loose its' wheels? What door to close and lock? What can he climb? How many frogs to chase? Will he tease the neighbor's dog or the stray cat? How many pebbles to get from the garden and bring inside the house? Don't let the face fool you. He is our certainly our Wild Child.

I am also sharing with you the five 6x6 SHE layouts I've made as part of the inspiration series for the participants. Layouts were inspired by quotes from the amazing ‘She’ book by Kobi Yamada.

I have only done two 6x6 albums in my entire scrapping life and I've never really been satisfied with the results. I have always scrapped in 12x12 format - 6x6 makes me feel so supressed! hahaha. Anyway, I really tried my best to make it look good. I was the last one who made one - the works of Phylline, Maybs, April, Nina, Iris, Ria, Ems and Joanne are all incomparable. Good thing I let them finish first so I could have all the ideas I need hahaha! To see all the SHE layouts made by these talented ladies, click here.

My layouts do not have lots of techniques but I made sure I was able to follow the core techniques prescribed per layout. On layout #1, we were to do hidden journaling using file tab. On layout #2, we have to do hidden journalling again (with hinge diecut from sizzix) and layering of daisy die cut. Instead of layering paper daisies, I used fabric flowers instead. I also used real door hinge here. On layout # 3, we were asked to do UTEE embossing but since I don't have that, I skipped that particular technique. We also have to use mount slides (die cuts from Sizzix). I don't have that die cut shape so I opted to use the real mount slides. On layout # 4, we were to do paper rolling and folding. I rolled the brown mulberry paper to make the flower stems. On layout # 5, core technique to do was paper weaving.


- pia

No comments: