Wednesday, May 02, 2007

Fancy Pants Floral Chic Layouts

I finished these two layouts during the weekend as part of my kit from Scrapbukan! Yup, I finished them after co-DTs' Ria and Iris were all done with their three layouts. Oh I really couldn't keep up with fast scrappers like them! Hay! Di bale, eversince naman I am a fan of these two hehehe.


Title: Whisper a Wish

Materials used: Fancy Pants Floral Chic (Appealing), Sakura Souffle white pen and American Crafts Typehouse Plastic Punctuation (pink brackets) courtesy of Scrapbukan, black cardstock, local embellishments - burlap, velvet ribbons, butterfly charms, photo anchors, brads and fabric flowers, Zig Writer pen (black)

Doing this layout is both fun and difficult. I had fun doing the butterflies and using those local embellishments we bought from Divisoria (read Joanne'e article at Scrapbytes about this). But it was quite difficult too since I have to keep in mind that this layout is in a budget ; D. In case, you don't know, Scrapbukan Design Team members are required to come up with a budget layout in every kit. This is good because we challenge ourselves to come up with nice layouts within P150!
Guess whose ideas were the butterflies and the title? If you answer Jeff, you must be a close friend hahaha! Kidding aside, Jeff has always played a big role in my layouts! Without this guy, I would never have those beautiful photos! Oftentimes, I think that my layouts were good not because of the design but because they have beautiful photos. Hmmm... could it be that people see my layouts as good because they were drawn to it by the photos and not by the design? Hehehe... Just a thought.
The brad in each circle serves as a swivel to reveal the hidden journaling. Each circle has my wish! Whatever they are, I won't tell : D!

Title: Special Bond

Materials used: Fancy Pants Floral Chic (Merriment, Fairy Tale and Fabulous), American Crafts Greenhouse Foam Flowers (light blue) courtesy of Scrapbukan, AC Greenhouse Felt AC Rory large and medium felt flowers, Heidi Swapp plastic letters - All Mixed Up and Li'l Davis Journaling 2 Acrylic stamps, BasicGrey Blush (Delish), brads, All About Scrapbooking foam flowers, gold and red acrylic paint, Colorbox ink and Zig Writer pen (black)

Would you believe she's Ethan's grandma? Ethan calls her Mama instead of Lola though, she prefers that hehehe. I love this photo of them - genuine smiles they got there!
If you want to try these designs on your own layouts, visit Scrapbukan, the instructions will be posted there soon! ; ) These Fancy pants papers I used are available for pre order at the store too.
On a footnote, Scrapbukan will be celebrating National Scrapbooking Day on Saturday at Oakwood. Slots are already sold out though. Can't wait for Saturday!
--Pia

4 comments:

Nina said...

Tama ba naman gupitin yung bulaklak at gawing butterfly? Hehe. Galing-galing naman nito, Pia! Always look forward to your new work. Your work always inspires me to think out of the box! Galing-galing, sis! =) Nina

Liza said...

at ginamit na ang mga flowers from divi! hahaha! galing ng lo mo sis! at ayan na nga ang butterfly photos. love the hidden journal. and syempre, great effect on the butterflies using the quarter flowers. patingin ng actual sa saturday ha. :D

Benga said...

hi Pia, creative idea on the butterfly and the hidden journaling, sana maambunan ako ng ganong talent hahaha

Jeff and Pia Lopez said...

Hi Nina, Liza and Pearl!

Thanks for the comments. : D

The flowers are already pre cut when you buy those in Divi! I have to tell you they're very cheap, you have to grab some. Except for Pearl nga pala (I hope you're doing well in Singapore now! : D).

Nina, I hope to see you soon! Miss na kita!

Pia