Thursday, May 28, 2009

A Booboo and My Pink Layouts

I made a booboo the other night. I was trying to change the blog skin/template when I accidentally pressed a button. It says there that widgets (whatever that is) will be lost and I need to confirm that. Stupid as I am, I did hehehe. Now, if you're wondering what happened to my blog, I think I answered you already ; )

Truth is, I really think the blog needs a complete overhaul. I want a clean look this time; free from clutter. I want minimal listings on the 2nd column too and of course, a nice blog banner. I want to update Jeff's portfolio too. I'm still looking for a new template that will suit our needs. Hope to have the new look soon.

Anyway, here's the very last 2008 layout that I have. This was supposed to come out in one of the issues of Scrapbytes before the Scrappin' Moms decided we needed a break.





I used Making Memories and Ki Memories papers for this project (the black background is not part of the layout just to clarify). I think I brought out all the embellishments I could possibly use for this layout - felt and paper flowers (Prima, Making Memories, Fancy Pants), blings, ribbon, (Daisy Bucket) and chipboard (Ki Memories, Scenic Route). I also dooddled the title. To color the flourishes and letters, I used Faber Castell water color pencils.

When I looked at my layouts for the past 3 years, it's funny that I have always resented the color pink for my layouts when in fact I have more than enough of pink layouts! Contrary to what I believe in, I have used lots of pinks in my previous layouts but I just didn't realize or notice that. So that means I'm not pink challenged at all! Here are some of my pink layouts ...



-Pia

5 comments:

Maybelle said...

Naku, Pia! That just happened to me! I was careless not to save the data so I had to rebuild everything. I'm still at it.

Alby said...

I was about to share what happened to Maybs but she beat me to it. LOL!

Anyway, I love your layout Pia. And I have to scrap my 30th, too, because I looked my best then - it was the year I lost 25 lbs and that was the year I wore a two-piece swimsuit for the first time. When I was younger, I didn't have much confidence. Now that I'm older, well, I have the confidence but not the body. Haha!!! Thanks for the inspiration. Now, I have to dig up those photos and scrap the evidence, that yes, I did wear a two-piece swimsuit at one point in my life. :D

Ems said...

Byutipul! I love pink! Gawa mo rin ako?!? hehehe Ok lang ang booboo...

bjay said...

I love pink! and you rock it naman eh! so you're fine, sister :)

me too, have to update my blog's look. ako mismo is getting a bit bored. ha!

Wati Basri said...

you dftly did great with pink!! Coolness :).c