Monday, December 04, 2006

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas!

If there's a favorite time of the year, that would be Christmas! Yup, you bet I'm still a child at heart. I always look forward to December because the atmosphere suddenly changes during this season. People are much nicer : D.

Christmas is still magical! I still believe in Santa Claus and I want Ethan to have a gift from him! I still look forward to decorating the house and the tree with ornaments. I still anticipate gifts and greeting cards ... and even though I have not attended the Simbang Gabi on a regular basis, I still look forward to it! Weird no?

But now that I'm a scrap addict, I also look forward to Christmas themed scrapbook papers and embellishments. And of course, I have to nag Jeff every now and then to take pics of the Christmas details in the house. What do you know as early as September I already made a Christmas layout! Oh well, it was Ethan's 1st Christmas pictures so I really have to scrap them because this 2006 is his 3rd already and I'm not done with last year's photos! Hay!

Anyway, I have made 4 layouts already. I'm sharing with you three of those since I already posted the other one (Naughty or Nice) months ago.

We have a new Christmas family tradition this year! We decided we'll write our Christmas wishes and see which of those written on the list would come true! =D I held Ethan's hand to guide him as he write his wish! I knew that he only wants one thing - cars! We wrote our wishes on tags. I used the patterned paper on the bottom as a pocket to hold our wishes! I used the Gin X coaster and made it like a wreath with Ethan's photo inside.

Title: Christmas Wish List

Materials used: cardstocks: Fabriano and Bazzill (title and the tags), patterned papers: DCWV, Gin X coaster, Lil Davis Glitter Glaze, ribbons and fibers, Karen Foster Loopy bards, Craft Express handmade xmas stickers, mesh, Sizzix die cuts: Alphabars Ransom and scallop tags

Do you experience problems with many photos? I'm sure you have tons of pictures to scrap this Holiday season but wouldn't know how to start. The December issue of Scrapbytes can help you. Click here and you'll sure to find helpful tips in preserving your Christmas memories.

On my article at Scrapbytes (Scrapping Lots of Photos), I shared this LO I made using Becky Higgins sketch. I chose the best pictures from the activities we've had during that season to include in my spread layout. I think this is the only layout I made with lots of pictures on it!

Title: Ethan's First Christmas (click here for larger view)

Materials: Bazzill and Fabriano cardstocks, DCWV and American Traditional Designs patterned papers, mesh, rickrack, Lil Davis Glitter Glaze, Sakura Aqualip pens, Sizzix die cuts: vowel play and Doodle dies Christmas, Editing software: Adobe Photoshop CS

A special thanks to my good friend Joanne Yap for letting me borrow her sizzix dies!

On the cover of the said e-zine, I made a layout with Ethan having his first taste of a mint flavored Christmas candy! After seeing the reaction on his face,
I'm pretty sure, di na niya ita-try ulit yun! ( he wouldn't try it again!) Hahaha! Well, I don't think he likes mint ... so guess who ate the candy? Me, of course!

Title: Christmas Candy

Materials: DCWV patterned papers, Craft Express handmade 3D stickers and borders, mesh, Lil Davis Glitter Glaze, photo anchor, Zig Writer pen, Colorbox Chalk ink, Sizzix die cuts: Ransom and circle frame

No comments: