Sunday, September 07, 2008

Tired and sleepy ...

Tired and sleepy ... that's what we actually feel right now. Yesterday was my mother in law's 50 birthday celebration. The past week has been very hectic for us - Jeff has to squeeze in time scanning photos and editing for the AVP of MIL; I had to do the program and do some research for the games (OC, OC, OC hehehe), I had to make the cupcake toppers and decorate the 50 candles for her cake. The night before the party, we even had to pick up some water containers in Manila (work, work naman hehehe), leaving both of us without sleep. We went to the party the next day afternoon without eating lunch too and yes both of us we're hosts of the said party! Good thing, MIL agreed that Jeff won't be the official photographer or he might have collapsed!

Unfortunately (or fortunately?) while these things are happening, we had to run back and forth to Manila during the wee hours of the night. The water station has been operating (we had a soft launch a month ago) and we didn't know we had to order a large amount of containers to sustain the customers orders (we're learning each day). We had to pick up the containers at 12mn, return to the water station and clean them up! It was exhausting! Considering that we need to wake up early for Ethan's school the next day and of course we had to be at the station too. We're really considering to order from a nearby store so we can save on gas but at the moment we're clueless if there's one here in Cavite.

This schedule has been running for awhile now. We hardly can read our emails nor chat. I only check emails from the Scrappin' Moms regarding the Idol contest. I'm trying to squeeze in some scrapping for Daisy Bucket and have finished 3 projects for the month of September but I haven't found time to take pictures of them. In fact, I have several layouts finished during the past months that I haven't taken a photo of.

Meanwhile, Ethan's no longer crying when I leave him in school. This went for almost a month - he would cling to me whenever I'm about to leave him, he would cry out loud and call my name, he would tell me he doesn't want to go to school anymore and he even said he wants to go to another school! I was so frustrated already and it has left an emotional toll on me. I was wondering what went wrong? He used to be full of confidence and was always excited to go to school. But thank God it was just a phase he went through. After the first quarter evaluation test, Ethan's back to his usual self! I leave him from the gate of the school and let him walk his way towards his classroom. We're on the second quarter of the schoolyear already and I'm really hoping my happiness is not at all short lived : ) And before I forget, we had a tutorial chat last Monday in school, the teacher said Ethan is a very witty boy and very creative! The teacher has so many written anecdotes about him and Jeff and I both kept on laughing while listening to those stories! Hay naku sobrang komedyante talaga nitong anak namin!

About Jeff - although he's taking most of the work nowadays, there must something positive about it. He has been losing weight! Woohoo!!! Gone are the Winnie-the-Pooh-days hahaha!

We're grateful that even though we struggle everyday on so many things, the Lord continues to bless our family. We're happy that the business is slowly picking up and hoping that it'll continue to do so. So even though we're both tired and sleepy right now ... we believe it's better this way than both us doing nothing because we're both jobless.

Before I leave, I'm sharing with you a layout I made.



Title: Sun Kissed
Materials used: Scenic Route Grafton papers and stickers, SR chipboard circles, American Crafts Thickers, Daisy Bucket Designs paper ribbons, Absolument Scrap stamps, Quenn & Co. bards, buttons, beads, rickrack Fancy Pants rub ons, Uniball Signo and Zig pens, Staz on ink

Photography by Jeff Lopez



Thanks!

-Pia

No comments: