Supplies used: textured cardstocks and vellum: Bazzill; patterned papers: BasicGrey Lollipop Shoppe (Key Lime Pie) and Chloe’s Closet Dig It (Banana Seat Stripe); buttons, round dome stickers: Craft express; stamping ink: Colorbox; chipboard, letter diecuts: Sizzix vowel play; pen: Zig Writer; tools used: sanding paper, Sizzix machine, craft scissors and CM circle cutter
Sample 2: Naughty or Nice
I did the same thing here in this layout. But instead of cardstock, I used patterned papers. To make the title more fun to look at, I used both the negative and positive of the die cut letters.
Supplies used: Patterned papers: BasicGrey Blitzen (Holly, Cranberry, Dasher and Wonderland); letter dies: Sizzix vowel play; mesh; buttons; brads; photo anchors; rickrack; twill tape; slide mount; Santa Claus sticker: Craft Express; fibers; stamping ink; pen: Zig Writer; tools used: sanding paper, Sizzix machine and CM circle cutter; letter envelope: own design; Editing software: Adobe Photoshop CS
The idea of Santa’s letter came from Two Peas in Bucket. I knew I had to scraplift the idea! Journaling goes:
Dear Mr. Ethan Kyle Lopez,
I had been watching you closely for the past year. My elves have been spying throughout the year to determine how you have been behaving before I’ll make my first visit this December 25th. I would like to share some of the items they have brought to my attention.
- rolling over and kicking when your parents try to change your diaper --- numerous offenses
- rolling over then crawling away during diaper changing --- multiple attempts
- climbing out of your stroller (head first)
- standing on your stroller --- numerous offenses
- crying during bath time
- refusing the feeding bottle whether it’s breastmilk or formula milk --- numerous offenses
- crying when being put to sleep in the crib --- numerous offenses
- cried out loud on a public vehicle on the way to school
- insisted that you suck the tube while nebulizing
- does not like confinement in the crib
- always wakes up with a smile
- learned to eat vegetables and fish
- learned to love fruits…banana is an all time favorite!
- learned to love bath
- brought so much joy and purpose into your mommy and daddy’s lives
- has a hearty appetite most of the time
- been tagged as “the strongest baby” in your first play school!
- always kept guests and relatives entertained with your funny antics!
- tirelessly tried your best to blow the candle on your 1st birthday cake all throughout while guests were singing the birthday song, to everyone’s delight and amazement!
- did not have any tantrums during your entire birthday party
- did not cry once during your first haircut nor gave the barber a hard time
- drinks water, milk or juice in a sippy cup then moved to a regular cup/glass
You obviously have tried to be a good boy and Santa appreciates what a happy and loving child you are. My elves think you are doing a great job! I look forward to seeing you in person. Continue to bless your parents with your good behavior and know that even Santa gets into a little mischief every now and then. Until next year, I’ll be watching!